Tuesday 8 February 2011

Learn to Return

It took me seven hours
Seven pints of watered down beer like piss
Seven grams of ecstasy

To look at the past seven days of the World,
My, small world
My personal world
Made of one nose
Two ears
Two eyes
Two hands
And too much assumption

To watch people dissemble to objective reality
Watch Fathers curse their kids
Watch Kids balk and wail in streets in their own interest
Watch myself get tattooed by people's phrases,
To wonder,
How much power I had,
Whether I was in control,
Since I could never know
The modes of operation,
When all of our beings
Are made of assumption.

We'll fight each other
In a ritual of self loathing,
Apes on a treadmill.
And I'll start muttering under my breath
Take the car out more often
And drive nowhere.

Where I'll take
Seven bottles of whiskey
Seven grams of cocaine
And take seven hours alone,
Where after constructing something
I can understand, I'll forgive it all
And learn to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment