Sunday 14 November 2010

Goris Moreland's Legacy Lives On.

Goris Moreland
Started fucking his son
And I smiled at the bottles on the doormat.

'Is this going to go fast Grandpa?' I asked, nonchalant.
'Yes, and in a week you'll have your own false teeth.'

When are all of you going to get married?
Yes I'm talking to you, when?
Because you know what?
I'm not.
I'm going to raise my one night stands
With a hundred and one acquaintance's hands.

They'll grow up
Mixed up
Messed up
Fucked up
And all dressed up
In people's clothes
As if they were someone.

Goris Moreland
Started thinking in parables
It's pretty hard to remember what he said now,
Speaking slowly to his son.
Something like:

I'm doing this for your own good.

And he was, I'll give him that. But it didn't stop me wanting
Something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment